EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018
ABOUT THIS POLICY.
AOC is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit AOC’s websites and utilize AOC services (“Visitors” or “you,” “your,” or “yours”).
We are committed to the following privacy principles:
Limitation of scope and data minimization. We collect, use and store the minimum amount of personal information necessary to fulfill our legitimate business purposes and to comply with legal obligations. We will not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with this policy.
Accuracy. We take and will continue to take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we process is accurate and up-to-date.
Limited Retention. We limit retention of personal information we process solely to the time necessary to fulfill the data’s original purpose. We can, however, retain copies of information about you and any transactions in a manner that is either consistent with the law or as we believe reasonably necessary to comply with any law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
Transparency. We are timely about informing you about how we intend to use personal information in our day-to-day operations.
WE OPERATE IN THE UNITED STATES.
We have servers, offices, and sup-processors located in the United States. Information about you may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
We collect information about you in two ways: directly from your inputs and through automated technologies. The information we collect depends on how you interact with us and the Service, and may include:
- Contact Information. Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, account login credentials such as usernames and passwords, and other account registration and/or profile information, such as job title or professional background.
- Transactional Information. When you use our website to register or make a payment, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, debit/credit card information, a description of the transactions, the payment amounts, billing information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Data from Your Organization. We may obtain personal information about you from the organization you are employed or affiliated with to activate, access and manage your organization’s use of the Services. This information includes contact details (e.g. name, email, phone, mailing address), other account registration information (e.g. job title) and if applicable, your organization’s administrator name and email.
- Data from Service Use. Our Service automatically collects information about how you and your device interact with the Service. This includes device connection information (IP addresses, browser type and version, operating system, and unique identifiers) and usage data (e.g. selected features, data and time stamps, and search terms).
- Other Information. You may provide us with suggestions for improvements, referrals, or other content. We may also obtain other information from publicly available sources to validate or supplement the information we hold.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE.
We use web tools such as cookies and web beacons to collect information about your navigation of our website. Whenever you access a website through your browser, the navigation and clickstream data (IP address, browser type and version, date, time, and website from which you came) are stored in a log file. We use these data to generate statistics that help us administer the site, evaluate our content, track your activity on the website as well as some demographic information about you.
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. They retain your preferences, account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about Visitor activity.
Remembering that you visited our website. Allowing our website to remember the choices you make and keep your website experience consistent. Collecting anonymous statistical information about how you use our website, such as the length of your web session and the location from which you access our website. We use this information to learn which elements and functions of the website are most popular with our Visitors.
Some of the cookies used on our website are set by us, and others are set by third parties who provide us with services. Certain cookies expire when you close your browser or exit the application (session cookies). Other cookies, such as those used to remember you when you return to our website, are retained longer (persistent cookies). Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. You can change the way your browser interacts with cookies by changing your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or by having your browser notify you each time a cookie is set. You can learn more about cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers here or directly on your browser’s cookie support page:
THIRD PARTY COOKIES.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION.
We generally use your personal information to:
- comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements;
- activate, provide, and manages your access to the Service;
- process and fulfill requests, orders, and other transactions;
- provide product and technical support for the Service and generally improve the Service;
- protect the security and integrity of the Service;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- notify you about changes and/or updates to the Service;
- identify usage trends and develop data analysis based on your usage;
- to perform research, audits, reporting and other business operations; and
- to communicate with you about your organization’s use of the Services.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties outside of your organization. If you access the Service through an account managed and paid for by your organization, certain usage data, as well as your personal information collected by the Service may be shared with your organization’s account administrator. This information may be used for usage analysis and your organization’s general management of users assigned to its account.
We may disclose your personal information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- cooperate with a regulator or government agency and/or to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or other legal obligation;
- protect our rights;
- prevent fraud or technical issues; and/or
- as part of a corporate transaction (e.g. a transfer of assets to or an acquisition by or merger with another company).
Our website and Services are not directed at children under that age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
We may send you updates and information about the Services and your account from time to time. Every marketing email and communication from us contains instructions on how to opt out of receiving further correspondences from us. Alternatively, you can opt in and opt out of receiving communications from us by sending an email to XXXXXX. We will reflect any such changes as soon as reasonably possible.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND LIMIT THE USE OF YOUR DATA.
EU individuals and Swiss individuals have certain rights to access personal information about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal information. We are committed to honor those rights. If you wish to gain access, correct, limit use, or limit disclosure of any personal information, please contact us and we will work with our privacy team in responding to your request.
You have the option, at any time, to remove your personal information from our servers. All such requests should be sent to us to XXXXXXXX and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we will process your request within a reasonable time.
HOW TO CONTACT US.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.